Nothing scarier than hearing about Unity 1.1 being released after Enterprise Library 4.0, but rest assured Unity 1.1 is included with Enterprise Library 4.0.
Unity 1.1 fixes a few bugs and has other enhancements:
- Removal of all obsolete ObjectBuilder code.
- Fix for a bug when using lifetime managers with open generic types.
- Fix for a bug where the RegisterType method was overriding the RegisterInstance method.
- Performance improvement when resolving singletons.
- Exposure of some additional internal classes as public to make it easier write extensions that need to resolve dependencies in a customized way.
- Addition of try…catch blocks to improve the error messages returned when value resolution fails.
You can download Unity 1.1 here.
More importantly, however, I had a chance to play with Enterprise Library 4.0 and Unity this evening and created a tutorial that shows you how to use Unity with the Data Access Application Block:
- Enterprise Library 4.0 Data Access Application Block ( DAAB ) and Unity IoC Tutorial – DataAccessBlockExtension
The other application blocks work similarly so hopefully the tutorial gives you an idea on how it all works.