Thanks to everyone for coming out to see Achieving Persistence Ignorance with NHibernate at the Calgary .NET User Group this past Wednesday. You can download the slidedeck and code here. The following are some good resources on NHibernate and the importance of persistence ignorance.
- NHibernate (http://www.nhibernate.org)
- NHibernate Resources (http://www.hibernate.org/365.html)
- NHUsers Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/nhusers)
- ActiveWriter (http://using.castleproject.org/display/Contrib/ActiveWriter)
- NHibernate in Action by Kuaté, et al.
- Domain Driven Design: Tackling Complexity in the Heart of Software by Eric Evans
- Applying Domain Driven Design and Patterns by Jimmy Nilsson
I also mentioned during the presentation the trick of modifying Configuration before constructing your SessionFactory to turn immutable entities into mutable ones for testing or data loading. You can find the details in my blog post:
Lastly I will be putting up a registration page for Object-Relational Mapping with NHibernate course in the next few days. If you’re interested or have any questions, don’t hesitate to email me.