This is a fairly straight-forward task but since it’s the first thing you’ll need to configure in the BizTalk Accelerator for RosettaNet 3.5 (BTARN 3.5), I thought I’d walk through it anyway.
Creating a Home Organization
1. You begin by opening the BTARN Management Console and right-clicking on the Home Organization node in the left-hand pane.
2. Next you’ll need to add the home organization’s name, DUNS number (circled in red below), a brief description and then choose a Home organization classification from the drop-down menu.
3. Next you’ll need to add some contact information as shown here below.
4. Click Apply and OK to save your new Home Organization. It’s that simple.
Creating a Partner
1. This is virtually the same as creating a Home Organization and you’ll first create the Partner and then the partners’s name, DUNS number (circled in red below), a brief description and then choose a Partner classification from the drop-down menu. This also where you’ll set the Partner’s signature and encryption keys (certificates).
2. Next you’ll need to add some contact information as shown here below.
3. Click Apply and OK to save your new Partner. Again, it’s that simple.
If you take a look at the BizTalk Server 2006 Administration Console under the Parties node, you’ll see your new Home Organization and Partner in the list just as you would expect.
As I said, all very straight-forward! Don’t let this fool you however, later I’ll post about how to create a new Agreement and you’ll probably end up just as confused as I was the first time!
Currently listening to: Martina McBride’s For These Times