Just a quick update on stuff because I got a lot of questions about StoryTeller over the weekend. I’m currently focusing my attention on StructureMap. I’m giving it the Python 3000 treatment and pretty well gutting some of the internals to clean up the structure. I’ve eliminated some obscure features, but you’re perfectly safe if you use the documented public interfaces. Once that’s done, I’ve got just a little bit more functionality to add and I need to rewrite the documentation. I gave an impromptu (and it showed) session at ALT.NET Seattle on my lessons learned for extending a framework over 4+ years. I’ll write a paper of some sort on that this spring.
As for StoryTeller, I got quite a bit of interest in it over the weekend and I’ve had a couple emails lately as well. I was close to giving up, but some of the things on the horizon that I thought would eliminate its usefulness turned out to be Java only or so far over the horizon to be effectively nonexistent. The engine such as it is has been done for almost a year. I’m going to rewrite the skin of the UI in WPF just to get my hands a bit dirtier with WPF. I’ve done enough experimentation with some crude Intellisense for Fit tests to say that I’ll be able to make Fit test editing much more efficient. I’ll update again later this spring.