I’ll let James Gregory do the introduction for Fluent NHibernate here. I think this project has a lot of potential to dramatically reduce the difficulties teams face when working with NHibernate. The initial focus is on a fluent interface mechanism for NHibernate configuration, but I’m hopeful that it grows into the easiest way to use NHibernate
In a nutshell, what if…
- You could configure NHibernate with Intellisense and zero, I said zero, Xml?
- You had some easy tooling for testing out NHibernate mappings?
- You could make significant shortcuts in your persistence mapping by setting sensible project conventions once and only once?
- You could start with a reference architecture for a Repository?
- You had sample “recipes” for bootstrapping NHibernate with the common IoC tools?
The guys doing Fluent NHibernate are going gangbusters getting this thing ready to go. Nice job guys.