I will be presenting at the Virtual ALT.NET meetings during the first two weeks of August. I would like to present preliminary work from my book on Presentation Patterns, but the VAN administrators and I would like you to select the specific topics. I re-enabled comments this morning, so vote in the comments for one or more of these topics (feel free to write in other topics around desktop applications):
- Separated Presentation patterns. You know, what are your options, why are they different, and when would you choose one or another for a particular scenario. Model View Presenter variants and Presentation Model (MVVM).
- “Screen Activation Lifecycle” — Design patterns and the system responsibilities for systems composed of multiple screens
- DSL development within a desktop application.
- Test Automation strategies. How testability impacts design
- Event Aggregation
- Managing the application shell
- Using an IoC tool within a desktop application for extensibility
Thank you, and I’ll virtually see you in August.
If you’re not familiar with the “VAN” yet, here’s an introduction from Zachariah Young.