It’s not up on the event page, but I’m penciled in to give an online brown bag talk on FubuMVC tomorrow at the C4MVC meeting at 12PM CDT. I’m trying not to overlap too much with my earlier talk from the MVCConf last month.
This time out I’m going to talk about:
- Technical Differences between FubuMVC and MSMVC, and why they matter
- How FubuMVC’s configuration model enables a lot of new scenarios and reduces common errors we see described in blog posts about MSMVC
- Diagnostics — You guys using ASP.Net MVC really, really wish you had this
- “Global Filters” the Fubu way
- Url resolution and Route determination
- IoC and Composition are like Peanut Butter and Jelly
- Swap out virtually everything
- Modular Model Binding — teach your model binding new tricks
- “POCO” Controllers and why they’re valuable. No hokey Controller base class required.
- How leveraging an IoC tool for composition and object lifecycle management simplifies the internals of Fubu compared to ASP.Net MVC. I.e., why I think the ASP.Net team is missing the boat with the supposed “IoC friendliness” in MVC3.
- Extensibility scenarios
- Html Conventions the Fubu way (Time permitting)