Today is a celebration. Exactly two years ago my first blog-post showed up on the dotnetjunkies. At the time blogging was quite new to me, being an author for the junkies I was invited to start a blog. And the remainder is history, blogging has taken the place of writing articles. To some it even replaces visiting conferences. To me the best part of blogging is that it’s highly interactive. It’s not just a flow of information from writer to reader, the many valuable comments teach me a lot. The other very good thing is that the size of information chunks can be so much smaller. A small tidbit is enough for a post. Later on you can assemble several post, and their comments, into an article.
So blogging feels like Growing up in public. Which was the titel of my former dnj blog. I had borrowed this name from a Dutch theater group, recently found out it’s also the title of a Lou Reed song (watch out for the popup). Now I have grown up (somewhat) and very happy to be here on CodeBetter.
- Top month was october 2003. My visit to the PDC 2003 was responsible for that.
- February 2003 was good as well. Windows mobile / VSlive, another conference.
- Most viewed posts were on Crystal Reports These really showed how you can help each other with blogging. Share your shit and clean up together
- One of the least viewed posts was on moving to codebetter. Personally this was the best blog-thing ever happened to me….
- Blog statistics still stink
Off to the next 2 years.