Its that time. NFL Fantasy Football is just around the
corner. Those of you who know me personally know that fantasy
football is very important to me, and I invest a lot of time and money
into it. Every year I even fly half way across the U.S. for a big
live draft party (I used to live in California and am still part of
that league, which is my biggest, most important and largest money
league). The rest of the leagues I am in are online, except one
free league with 7 other guys from work.
So what is my rundown for this year? Stricly from my
California league point-of-view, which is touchdown only league, these
are my top 5 picks in their respective categories:
- Manning – no brainer
- Culpepper – won’t perform as well without Moss
- McNabb – will put up last years numbers with T.O.
- Favre – always solid. Walker will be there for the start of the season.
- Green – Healthy Holmes will help him
- Tomlinson – #1 overall pick of all drafts
- Alexander – will settle his contract disputes
- Holmes – 32 years old, but still a difference maker.
- McGahee – Will improve on last year
- James – Has something to prove for a big contract next year
- R. Moss – Can perform on most teams.
- Harrison – Is no longer the only target for Manning.
- Owens – He’ll play, but will it be for Philly?
- Wayne – Manning looks for him often.
- Holt – Always Bulger’s first choice.
- Gates – Can’t reproduce last years numbers, but still a great TE.
- Gonzales – Still the best in the business, but can’t get the TDs Gates will get.
- Crumpler – Vick will continue to look for him.
- Witten – Will duplicate last years numbers.
- Clark – Another favorite target of Manning.
- Vinateri – Clincher.
- Akers – Will get lots of attempts.
- Vanderjagt – Solid year after year.
- Elam – Solid pick
- Stover – Another solid kicker year after year.
- Kansas City