A New Developer in the Lewallen Family!

Here is the latest addition to the Lewallen family – my son Raymond “Drew” Lewallen.

He was born 7 lbs, 10 oz and 22 in. on March 8th, 2006 at 11:58 am.

Now for a little bit of explanation for what’s going on in the above
picture.  Baby Drew isn’t doing very well right now.
Actually, he is doing very poorly indeed and doesn’t have a very
positive outlook right now, but we are hoping to change all that.
He was born with some serious complications and is currently on a
heart/lung bypass machine that does his breathing and pumping for
him.  Also, he’s really StayPuff Marshmallow Man-like in the
picture because they pump a lot of extra fluids into him.  Those 2
red tubes up by his head are tubes that go directly into his Super
VenaCava vein and go down into his heart.  They carry blood to the
ECMO (the heart/lung bypass machine) and back for him.

That’s pretty much the gist of it.  He has quite a few serious
complications and a very long and difficult road ahead of him but those
are stories for another day.

This entry was posted in Generalities. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post.

22 Responses to A New Developer in the Lewallen Family!

1. Jana aka The Wife says:

Hey, get a better picture of the boy posted, will you?! 😛 He looks a lot different now.

2. Liz says:

have been keeping up with baby Drew from Jana’s site. I am glad that he is improving. I hope that when he is 16 and crashes your new truck ( and walks away without a scratch), that you remember just how incredibly miraculous a guy he is! ;>0 You guys are in our prayers!

3. Tobin Titus says:

Congratulations on your boy. I’m very sorry to hear that he has some complications, but I’ll definitely keep him, you and your wife in my prayers.

4. Tim says:

Having been through a similar situation…my prayers are with you

5. Stephen Nelson says:

Every day is a blessing. My prayers are with you and your family.

6. Scott says:

Good luck, I hope he pulls through and this all just turns into an “interesting story” to tell when he’s older.

7. Casi says:

From SENEGAL (Africa) I pray for baby Drew and his parents. God will take care of you baby.

8. Thank you all. When we told my 2 year old daughter that Baby Drew is sick, she said “Baby Drew need tylenol. Baby Drew need band-aid. Baby Drew all better now.” Life is so simple when you’re 2 years old :)

9. Josh Myers says:

Ray, Congratulations on baby Drew – he’s beautiful. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

10. Jim Losi says:

What a precious child. Having a 2 year of my own, I can understand how you must feel. I pray for your son and I pray for strength for you and your family.

11. Raymond,

My sentiments are of those of the other commenters:

Congratulations on the new baby. I have a 16 y.o. daughter and we’ve faced many things, but never anything such as this. You are in my thoughts and prayers. May your new son pull through this moment and fight for his life. May God give all of the Lewallen family the strength to meet this and I hope that one day baby Drew will look back on this as “just a bit of a tough start”.

—O

12. An Ideal Boy says:

Congratulations!!

And my best wishes to your family for a bright future.

13. johnpapa says:

Raymond … Congratulations to you and your family! May God bless you all and help you through this to a healthy future.

14. Robin Curry says:

Just want to echo the sentiments of others in congratulating you as well as offering prayers for Drew. My wife and I will pray that he will have a speedy road to good health. Blessings to you and your family.

15. Jason Mauss says:

Congrats to you and your family Ray. Hope Drew is able to pull through this as well as he possibly can. Let me know if there’s ever anything I can do for you man, seriously.

16. Congratulations on little Drew! He’s a good-looking boy with a great head of hair! We will continue to pray for you, Drew and your family. Let me know if you need anything, my man.

17. Mike says:

Thoughts and prayers with you and your family. Hoping for the best for little Drew. Stay strong.

18. Jeremy Miller says:

My wife and I are wishing you the best
    Raymond.

19. John Wood says:

Oh man, I really hope things improve… being a fairly new father I feel for you man. Seeing a child suffer is just the worst thing in the world. All the best.

20. Erik Porter says:

Good luck, Lewallen family…we’re thinking about you and your son. Take care…hope he gets better soon!

21. Marko says:

I wish you and your family well. We hope things work out with Drew.

22. oh wow…
    on March 8th, at 11:something AM but 29 years ago, I was born

hope your baby gets better